The Hunt for the Zodiac by Mike Rodelli

Re: The Hunt for the Zodiac by Mike Rodelli

Postby duckking2001 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:48 am

"Hunt for the Zodiac" I found him, he works at a car dealership!

But seriously, I'm happy that Mike got his book published and I truly wish that it will be a success.
duckking2001

Postby jamesmsv » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 am

Mike, any plans to release this as a physical book at all? I'm one of the few remaining luddites without a kindle. Plus I love to have an ever-expanding physical library of true crime books, I'm sure this would be a great addition.
I write and produce heavy metal music and also create tutorials on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/jamesmsv
jamesmsv

Postby mike_r » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 am

Hi,

Sky--My analysis of the batwing goes way beyond just saying they are runes. The info I got is from someone who lives in Norway and was it something I had never heard of before. It blew me away. It has never been discussed previously as an explanation for that symbol based on the searches I have done since 2014, when I first learned about it. I think Ross is good for Bates, as I stated above. Enjoy.

Zam, I hope you enjoy reading my book!

Mike
Last edited by mike_r on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike_r

Postby mike_r » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi James,

No plans for a physical book at this time.

I also thought you had to have a special device to read my book. Not a big tech guy myself. But if you go to Amazon and look right below the image of my book, you can apparently turn any device, including a computer, into a Kindle and download right to it. You don't need a Kindle in order to read my book!

BTW, I am reading a very interesting book right now called The Man from the Train by Bill James. This is about a fascinating series of vicious and heartless crimes that I had never even heard of from the early 1900s. I'd especially like to call your attention to pages 346-348 and his discussion of "irrational resistance." I think it applies very much to my case and I wish I could have included this discussion in my own book! The book is a bit confusing because he tackles the crimes out of chronological order for reasons he provides, but it a great story.

Mike
mike_r

Postby morf13 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Congrats on the book Mike, while I personally don't agree on your suspect being Z, it's a big accomplishment just the same
morf13
Site Admin

Postby mike_r » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi Morf,

Thanks. I learned it is a lot tougher to put a book into the library than to take one out!

Well, like I said, while I don't like Ross for Z, I do like him a lot for the Bates murder. We'll see over time...

Mike
mike_r

Postby jamesmsv » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:07 am

Thanks for the tech pointer Mike R, you are indeed right about the kindle viewer app for PC. For a while Amazon was offering kindle writers the opportunity to sell copies on a print-to-order basis, it'll be a real shame if that's stopped. I've got nothing against kindle as a format, I just like having physical paper to look at and collect when it comes to some subjects. This book has definitely jumped to the top of my wish list.
ps: is this the book where we find out Mr X was your father? ;)
I write and produce heavy metal music and also create tutorials on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/jamesmsv
jamesmsv

Postby mike_r » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:44 am

Hi James,

I am glad you are able to download my book.

LOL. I am not Luke Skywalker.

A person named "AQvale" posted to this site last summer. Here is their post:

"Aqvale simply means I'm a member of the qvale family, it is not an initial.

I found this forum a couple years ago while researching my family tree and have thought about posting a few times.

I cannot confirm or deny the allegations/suspicions against my grandfather or his brother that appear on this forum, as I am no Zodiac expert. The thought of a family member being connected is pretty horrid, but I'd like to keep an open mind.

I suppose I'm here if anyone has questions in regards to my family, perhaps to provide insight? If what I have to say proves to some that a Qvale is no longer a POI that would be a relief, and if the reverse, could some day lead to much needed closure for others. I will try to be as honest as I can be.

Attached is the family book, transcribed from Norwegian and updated by Bjarne Qvale in 2004. Our family branch starts on page 62. I believe it can be found for free online somewhere, not sure."

I was blown away by the sentiment expressed in this post. It is very noble and admirable that while it would be shocking for them to learn that Kjell was the Zodiac killer, the family ultimately wants the truth, whatever it may be, to come out for the good of "others" (i.e., the victims and their long suffering families). In the last sentence, they posted a link to the family genealogy going back to the 1600s. No Rodelli's are in there. I checked. ;)

Mike
mike_r

Previous

Return to Zodiac Books