POI Barrett or Barry Jean Wysling

Discussion of all misc. Zodiac suspects & POI's

POI Barrett or Barry Jean Wysling

Postby captainfun1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:28 am

Hi, and thanks for viewing this thread, I will start off by telling everyone that I am not a investigator, news reporter, sleuth etc.. When all this started for me I was the sales manager of a boat dealership. I am going to give a summary of how this all started, why I am here, and then, as people have questions, I can get into details. I will refer to Barry Wysling as BW from here on. Also you might get lost at some point unless you have viewed my youtube video "Zodiac Killer interviewed by reporter hidden from public". Also if you have already seen this video, let me point out the following; I am the person asking BW the questions, a channel 10 news reporter was filming. This was the third time in two years I had been to talk to BW at his home, and the second time I had talked with him was when I brought up the ZK. The first time I talked to BW was about two weeks after I found the weapon in the wall, the knives in the video were not found in the wall of my home, BW gave those to a friend of mine and I will get into that later, but, when you watch the video in the beginning when I say its about the Zodiac, BW says "the Zodiac, I don''t own a Zodiac, a boat, that is" he said that only to be a smartass referring to a Zodiac inflatable boat. And at this point he was not all doped up, remember this is the 3rd time I am at his house and I have channel 10 with me! Next, he denies ever seeing the knives, for what reason? Then when I open my folder his neck stretches out like a giraffe to look at what I have. Then he starts acting cocky when I showed him the picture of the machete and said Mare Island shipyard, when in fact his father made it at the Alameda shipyard where his father was a metal-smith. As I start turning pages under his breath barely audible when shown the sketch of ZK he says OH GOD, pause NOT ME, I had not said a word, also when I bring up the Mikado, he ponders and repeats "the Mikado, ahh I am familiar with the operetta" then starts to get agitated Then when I said lets iron this out, BW says "Thats been ironed out by experts". Those are just some points to pay attention to.
The Summary, In 2005 we purchased a waterfront home in Bethel Island a few blocks from our home, the hope was to make some quick cash with the fast climbing real estate prices. We imed. painted the inside of the home and replaced the carpet due to the fact that the entire inside of the home was blue, walls, ceilings, carpet, switch plate covers, mini blinds, all blue. The only other things I found to be odd was the house had been added on to, and the master bedroom was the only bedroom and it was a island inside the house, meaning it was buffered from all exterior walls for no apparent reason, and there were no windows on the street side or driveway side of house, their were two windows on the east side of house near the front in the living/dinning area that faced the yard of BW's wife's property (she, Marguritte was not allowed to live in same house as BW) so she owned the house next door. And in the back of the house their was a sliding glass door, when you entered it from back yard you came into a wet bar room with a sink and cabinets that was the full width of the house, facing you about 10' in a secondary sliding glass door that went into the master bedroom, at some point I will post a drawing of the home if anyone is interested. The yard and dock were meticulously cared for there was a hot tub and gazebo in backyard, east side of yard had a large detached garage, and over the levy was a covered 40' X 50' boat shed with two slips for boats up to 40', it to was painted two tone blue.
After replacing carpet and painting we put the house on the market, and that was right at the time the market started to fall, after a year and a half of 3k. a month payments on a empty house we decided to rent out our home and do a complete remodel on the home we got from BW, this was a complete remodel, incl a addition in which we moved a wall that ran the full length of the house so we could enlarge the kitchen and bathroom and attach the house to the garage to give us a second bedroom for our daughter, part of the "discrete" remodel involved putting 2 large windows on the north/street side of house, upon removing the sheet rock I found two windows that had been covered over from both the inside and outside, why? Then where there was a over sized pantry while removing the sheet rock we found a area boxed in by 2x4's what I called a shrine, what it was, was just a place someone framed, it was void of insulation, and with in it set at an angle opposing each other was one of those miniature garden shovels (everyone has one) and a machete looking weapon, I use the word weapon because myself and anyone who I showed it to said that's what it was. I was a little taken back by the whole thing, so I wrapped the weapon in a towel and placed it in my truck and continued working.
About a week later a customer came into my work and filled out a credit app to buy a boat, I noticed the woman was the owner of a company named Crime Scene Clean Up? I asked her what she did, she said their job was like the show CSI, however TV made it out to be a great thing, she said most of the work was cleaning up suicide scenes, many of which would be days old, but, they did do crime scenes, evidence gathering etc.. I told her what I found in my wall, she asked if I had it with me, I said yes, so we went out to her big white van, she set the weapon on the ground and touched the handle end of the blade with a Q-Tip dipped in some solution, and she said "You need to contact the Sheriff's office, this tests positive for human blood, and is probably a murder weapon".
I phoned the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office, they told me they would send someone by to pick it up and no one did, I was at a boat show the next week and CCCSO had a booth there and I told them what had happened and they said they would come by after the show, they did not.
After the lack of concern I decided I wanted to hear what BW had to say about what I found in the wall of his prior home. At this point the whole Zodiac thing had not started, I just thought he might of murdered someone break.
"Enjoy Life You Might Have Been A Barnacle"
captainfun1

Re: POI Barrett or Barry Jean Wysling

Postby Quicktrader » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:23 am

Hi captainfun,

I had seen your video quite a while ago and please would like to do some comments.

First, TV is media, however not important to solve any case at all. It is questionable if it was necessary to take a Channel 10 guy with you, that day. Why? Because to me, this guy, BW, appeared to behave absolutely normal. Imagine for yourself: You open the door, a guy comes and talks to you (asking if he was the Zodiac), the only Zodiac you know is a boat..then a TV guy, furthermore you are shown some weapons and info stuff. Oh no, not me - an absolutely normal reaction which I could have done, too. Even if he was a killer, his appearance is nothing like a sketch of Z either.

I therefore would first check if this guy has been connected somehow to any possible murder. E.g. in that area during the time he had lived in that house. But the main question is still open: Who had actually put the knife into the wall of this building? It could have been someone completely different than this guy, e.g. the owner before him or someone who had been involved into the construction process of the building.

Potentially it is a death weapon, yes. Potentially it might even be Z's. But it is still doubtable if it was BW's weapon after all.

Some questions therefore do occur:

- How was the weapon put into the wall, was the wall closed or was there any opening to get access to the weapon / to put it in after the building process of the house?
- How did the weapon look like, was it selfmade and how old was it about?
- Was it double or single edged? Was it a bayonett style?
- Where is/was the building with that knife inside?
- Who had owned this building during the years, when was it built and when was the weapon found?

Thanks for checking those questions as I do think they may be crucial to in fact identify what that weapon derives from.

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Postby captainfun1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:49 am

Thanks for your input, and just know I was taking a break from typing, it will be a few days before I have finished with my info, I think you might find the next part interesting, and this has been going on (my investigating) and please keep in mind at the point I stopped for a break, I had never in my wildest dream would have thought at any point BK was the ZK, just keep reading with a open mind please, that is all I ask, and we will see what the talented investigators of this site come up with, time lines etc.
captainfun1

Postby Quicktrader » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:59 am

captainfun1 wrote:Thanks for your input, and just know I was taking a break from typing, it will be a few days before I have finished with my info, I think you might find the next part interesting, and this has been going on (my investigating) and please keep in mind at the point I stopped for a break, I had never in my wildest dream would have thought at any point BK was the ZK, just keep reading with a open mind please, that is all I ask, and we will see what the talented investigators of this site come up with, time lines etc.

Yeah of course, always open-minded. Excited to hear more about it,

QT
*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*
Quicktrader

Postby morf13 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:51 am

I don't know enough about your suspect and whether or not he could be zodiac, but I do know that if you really found knives in a wall, that's pretty odd,and worthy of further investigation, perhaps by police
morf13
Site Admin

Postby Theforeigner » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:09 am

Here is a link to the old forum with LOTS of info on Barry Jean Wysling:

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=533
Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)
Theforeigner

Postby captainfun1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:37 pm

So the lack of interest from law enforcement frustrated me to the point I decided to confront BW in person to see what he had to say about what I found in the wall. I asked a co-worker to go with me after work, so we jumped in my golf cart and drove over to BW 's new home, it was a large 3 story water front house, long cement driveway, fountain, beautiful lawn all pristine, house was just painted (you can see porch in the video) we had no plan, just went up rang the door bell BW answered, invited us in and we sat down, I had with me the machete weapon, it was still rolled up in a towel, I sat on the couch with it in my lap, my co-worker was on my left sitting in a love seat and BW was on my right in what seemed to be his favorite recliner, keep in mind, nothing at this point had been mentioned about the ZK. I just thought BW was a murderer. The conversation was very brief, but, it was one of those times when you remember every word spoken, this is how it went.
BW said what can I do for you guys?
I said Did you happen to leave anything inside the walls of the house I bought from you?
BW said like what?
I said like money, drugs, weapons anything like that?
BW said not that I remember, why?
I said I found a weapon inside one of the walls, and it tested positive for human blood!
BW blurted out there was no homicide committed in that house!
I remained silent
BW said where did you say you found it, in the front wall by the street?
I said yes! thinking to myself wow he new exactly where it was?
BW said is that it in your lap?
I said yes!
BW said can I see it?
I said ya
I then grabbed the two corners of the towel and slowly lifted the towel, the weapon fell into my lap, BW glanced at it then looked down and to the right as if thinking what to say
I said do you recognize this?
BW said Kinda
I said kinda nothing either you recognize it or you don't!
BW said ya my father made it when he worked at the Alameda Ship yard
I said well I don't want to make a bunch of trouble for you, may be you can explain this and we can squash this thing right now?
BW said this conversation is over you guys need to leave!
BW at this point seemed very frustrated and agitated so we left with the weapon! break
captainfun1

Postby entropy » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Here's Captain's youtube video showing the knives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YkUYZSs ... e=youtu.be

So far I get why you would certainly be suspicious of this guy but I'm still unclear why he screams "Zodiac" to you. Perhaps I need to read up on the old thread?
entropy

Postby captainfun1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Another week or two went by, and I was at a local marina talking to my friend Stan, I told him about the machete, he asked to see it. While he was looking at it sitting on my seat, his wife Michell said behind him, let me see it, she looked in and saw the weapon and said "That looks like a weapon the Zodiac Killer would use" I had a instant chill and my memory flashed, I remember the ZK when I was a kid, and the only other thing I thought that at some point they thought the ZK was a cop? I asked Michell why she would say such a thing, her response was I just watched the movie last night! So I went home and rented the ZK movie, and was disappointed, I saw nothing that reminded me of the weapon or BW.
When I went into work the next day, I told my boss about what happened, so we both jumped on our computers and started checking out the Zodiac Killer. One of the first things I found when researching the ZK was "The FBI Zodiac Brace Profile" with in that report I found a lot of thing that BW had in common with the profile, also after looking at the sketch and description I was intrigued enough to keep digging, the ZK had a monotone voice, a passion for blue, a strange gait to his walk, ZK was thought to have a background in law enforcement as BW did, my thought was this, there is no way BW was the ZK, no way, so I set out to prove to my self that he was not. As I did more research, the more I found to incriminate him, I spoke with SFPD, the officer I spoke with was very interested in what I had told him and he gave me the phone # of Vallejo homicide and told me they still had the case open, and to ask for Matt Merideth the head of the department. I called and spoke with MM at length, he seemed very interested, and took my # and said he would be in touch, the next morning he call me at work and asked if he and his partner could come to my work and talk to me, and I said sure, and they showed up about a hour later. I told them everything I had found out about BW, the things he had in common with the ZK, answered there questions, the conversation lasted approx 1 1/2 hours, they took the machete weapon for testing, and said they were headed out to BW's home, and he would call me the following day. So after not hearing from MM for a couple of days I called him back, this is what he said;
MM I contacted OPD they informed me that their has never been a BW on the force, I also had the weapon checked and it had no blood on it, this is a dead end lead...
I said ok, well then can I have my weapon back, please?
MM said, no, and I am very busy, I am keeping the weapon in case we ever develop a DNA profile on the ZK! then he hung up on me???
I was totally confused by his comment, and pissed off cause I knew for a fact BW was OPD, and I personally watched the lady preform the test on the weapon for blood, and she would have no reason whatsoever to lie about the result. So this fueled me keep digging deeper into BW. I still was not at all convinced he was the ZK at this point.
The order of things that happened after this point I am not 100% sure which happened first. But, I found out how it came that BW could afford to move to a 3 story huge water front home. break till tonight after work
captainfun1

Postby 4on4off » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:46 pm

MM I contacted OPD they informed me that their has never been a BW on the force, I also had the weapon checked and it had no blood on it, this is a dead end lead...
I said ok, well then can I have my weapon back, please?
MM said, no, and I am very busy, I am keeping the weapon in case we ever develop a DNA profile on the ZK! then he hung up on me???

That is strange..... :?
4on4off

Next

Return to All other Zodiac Suspects & POI's